The course is a survey of programming languages: their attributes, uses, advantages, and disadvantages. Topics include scopes, parameter passing, storage management, control flow, exception handling, encapsulation and modularization mechanism, reusability through genericity and inheritance, and type systems. In particular, several different languages will be studied which exemplify different language philosophies (e.g., procedural, functional, object-oriented, logic, scripting, cloud-based).
- MTF, 1:00 - 1:50, on Zoom.
- Zoom Etiquette
- Zoom puts you into a lobby; I’ll let you in as soon as I’ve conmpleted the conversation with the student I’m with.
- You must use your real name in Zoom.
- Meeting ID: 536 993 1457
- Week 1 (Jan 22 - 24): Wed Fri
- Week 2 (Jan 27 - 31): Mon Wed Fri
- Week 3 (Feb 3-7): Mon Wed Fri
- Week 4 (Feb 10-14): Mon
Week 6 (Feb 24-28): Wed
- Wed 11 (Apr 13-17): Mon Wed
Text-based Adventure Game
Homework / Project
Write a battleship game in Haskell. It can be limited, for a 5x5 map, and a single ship.
Due Date: Thursday, May 7, 2020