The course is a survey of programming languages: their attributes, uses, advantages, and disadvantages. Topics include scopes, parameter passing, storage management, control flow, exception handling, encapsulation and modularization mechanism, reusability through genericity and inheritance, and type systems. In particular, several different languages will be studied which exemplify different language philosophies (e.g., procedural, functional, object-oriented, logic, scripting, cloud-based).
Wednesday, 1:00 - 2:50, Eaton 2024.
- Week 1 (Aug 26 - 30): Mon Wed Fri
- Week 2 (Sep 4 - 6): Wed Fri
- Week 3 (Sep 9-13): Mon Wed Fri
- Week 4 (Sep 16-20): Mon Fri (examples)
- Week 5 (Sep 23-27) Wed Fri
- Week 6 (Sep 30-Oct 4) Mon Wed
- Week 7 (Oct 7-11) Mon Wed Fri
- Week 8 (Oct 16-18) Fri
- Week 9 (Oct 21-25) Wed Fri
- Week 10 (Oct 28-Nov 1) Wed
- Week 11 (Nov 4-Nov 8) Mon Mon
- Week 12 (Nov 10-Nov 15) Mon Fri
- Week 13 (Nov 18-Nov 22) Mon Adventure Game
- Due close of business Dec 12th.
- Use the cover sheet.
Using Haskell, write one of
- Suduko solver
- Connect 4
- cal function
- maze generator
or come and see me about what you want to do.