I am a PhD student with Dr. Gill, in my final year. My research interests include applying functional languages to solve problems in the Embedded Systems space, programming language design, operating systems, embedded systems, and Computer Science education at all levels.
My industry experience has been centered around embedded software design and development in the OS and middleware layers. However, I have worked on projects at all layers of the software stack.
Email: Mark.Grebe at ku dot edu
LinkedIn: Mark Grebe
M. Grebe and A. Gill, “Threading the Arduino with Haskell,” in Post-Proceedings of Trends in Functional Programming, 2017.
J. Dawson, M. Grebe, and A. Gill, “Composable network stacks and remote monads,” in Proceedings of the 10th ACM SIGPLAN International Symposium on Haskell, Haskell 2017, pp. 86–97, New York, NY, USA: ACM, 2017.
M. Grebe, D. Young, and A. Gill, “Rewriting a shallow dsl using a ghc compiler extension,” in Proceedings of the 16th ACM SIGPLAN International Conference on Generative Programming: Concepts and Experiences, GPCE 2017, (New York, NY, USA), pp. 246–258, ACM, 2017.
M. Grebe and A. Gill, “Haskino: A remote monad for programming the Arduino,” in Practical Aspects of Declarative Languages, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, 2016.
A. Gill, N. Sculthorpe, J. Dawson, A. Eskilson, A. Farmer, M. Grebe, J. Rosenbluth, R. Scott, and J. Stanton, “The remote monad design pattern,” in Proceedings of the 8th ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Haskell, (New York, NY, USA), pp. 59–70, ACM, 2015.
- Rewriting a Shallow DSL using a GHC compiler Extension. GPCE 2017 - 16th International Conference on Generative Programming: Concepts & Experience. Vancouver, British Columbis. October 2017. Slides. Video
- Rewriting a Shallow DSL using a GHC compiler Extension. Lightning Talk, 2017 Haskell Implementors Workshop. Oxford, United Kingdom. September 2017.
- Threading the Arduino with Haskell. The 17th Symposium on Trends in Functional Programming. College Park, Maryland. June 2016. Slides
- Haskino: A Remote Monad for Programming the Arduino. Eighteenth International Symposium on Practical Aspects of Declarative Languages. St. Petersburg, Florida. January 2016. Slides
Research Github Repos
- Haskino - Haskell/Arduino Library/Transformation Plugin
- Haskino Examples - Examples for the Haskino Library
- Blankeroids - FRP Asteroids, using Yampa and BlankCanvas